- Veteran botter
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 am
- Location: Mos Eisley Spaceport Cantina, Tattooine, Outer Rim
It's going to be updated. It's just been delayed for 2 reasons (Well, technically 3.)
1. Real Life
2. New, more innovative dodge mechanics.
3. Limitations with the Bot, itself.
1. As for Real Life, that just can't be helped. My family fell into a bad financial situation, so taking care of them have my priority. I don't have as much time to work on my profiles as I'd like.
2. My new dodge mechanics use a combination of Custom AOEs and Auras to dodge. I got tired of the bot not dodging when a Mob attached an aura to a Toon. A good example of this is the Zombie blast, the White Wolf breath, or Greater Demon splats etc. "Should Dodge" doesn't work like I was expecting, as it doesn't identify Auras attached to Toons. As a test, just use a profile that uses DodgeSmart with only "Should Dodge" as a condition. It will dodge, when surrounded by mobs, when mobs get behind it, etc, but pay attention to Splats - it basically ignores them. My custom AOE helps with this, but it still ignores basic splats from Fire Giants, Chill Zombies, Wolves, Spellcasters, etc.
The problem is even without "Should Dodge", the bot will still dodge when it shouldn't and lowering the chance the Toon WILL dodge, causes problems as the Toon will sometimes NOT dodge, when it should. CWs and SWs are REALLY bad about it. They'll dodge when mobs are more than a Distance of 15 away and when they don't have an Aura attached.
Another aside is when the bot dodges and somehow gets mobs behind it, but none in front of it, the bot will stall a few seconds looking for a target.
3. Trying to create a profile that won't look bot-like can be tedious. For the longest time, botting with a GWF was a dead giveaway, 'cos NO ONE charges a target without sprinting, but the bot never did. Now, the problem is while a GWF will sprint towards a target, the bot is wholly stupid when it comes to collision and will detect a target behind a wall, sprinting at the target INTO the wall and get stuck. I'm holding off on releasing the GWF profile, 'cos in open space, it works great, but in tighter maps, like Dread Ring Lairs, WoD Lairs, the bot will get stuck on object, 'cos it has no sense of collision detection.
As with my previous TR CORE profiles, I don't want to release anything that's not ready. Are they usable? Yes. Am I satisfied with their performance? No.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests