Knight Botter

Undermountain - new mod ... new level cap

Post by Bygone4a1n » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Le Saigneur
Basic Botter
Basic Botter

Re: Undermountain - new mod ... new level cap

Post by Le Saigneur » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 pm

The PW/Cryptic way to do new crap with old shit.

anton55
Frenetic botter
Frenetic botter

Post by anton55 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 pm

It has the feel of a mod 6 rerun.

Only their team is a lot smaller now than in those days so recovering from the mistakes and bugs will take a lot longer, if indeed they bother to try.

My guess is the attempt is to simplify the overall mechanics to make maintaining the game with fewer staff achievable. They have previously admitted that sustainability was weak in much of their previous development with maximising man hours seeming to be the order of the day. That was the real death of Gateway (not scripting) and the many deaths of Foundry. They have also been working hard on getting console activity closer to PC as running one game that in technical terms was more like three games must be expensive.

If they make it more sustainable it is a plus but their track record is poor.

At least the mechanics changes do not look to have too many Astral implications. If my Warlock gets his ass kicked in Cloak Tower it will be balance changes not an Astral profile broken by mod 16 (see I am already up on the new terminology - Warlock that is, not ass.)

Nicodemus
Veteran botter
Veteran botter

Post by Nicodemus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:15 am

Holy shit!

UNDERMOUNTAIN FUCKING *SUCKS*!!!!!!!!

anton55
Frenetic botter
Frenetic botter

Post by anton55 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:29 pm

From the feedback on the preview shard you are not alone in that conclusion.

I was concentrating on the Warlock feedback (which is very negative) but took a quick detour to Fighter and that was just as bad and then to the cleric and feedback there is even more negative.

Looks like they have created another Mod 6.

One thing that is common to much of the dev feedback is stuff works if you do it in the right order. Changes to UCC will probably be the difference between being able to play using astral or not.

Nicodemus
Veteran botter
Veteran botter

Post by Nicodemus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 pm

The TR isn't so bad, but damage is a joke now. It's the only one I really tested. MY UCCs will only change by 1 encounter, but I have to replace it with one I actually hate.

The problem is they made builds COMPLETELY cookie cutter. There are NO variances - it's literally one or the other.

Boons have become a joke. The first 3 tiers each have the same boon, which is 2% healing pot bonus with a chance of healing you for 2 minutes. Only Lifesteal you get is a 3rd point tier 5 boon. They nerfed lifesteal completely, but out of combat, I was getting healed 15k a second in regen. Seriously, you're going to waste my time with 3 of the same boon on a different tier? They didn't even up the HP bonuses from Pots, nor did the reduce the cooldown.

No Temp HP.

Companions are now ALL augments - You don't get a proc, it's straight stat bonuses. You can only slot bonding runestones, they can only equip Companion Equipment and those can only be filled with runestones, not enchants. *ALL* of your companions stack for bonuses, so if you deleted some, 'cos you needed room, you fucked yourself.

It took my TR 4 full runs of duellist's flurry to take down a shadow demon. Smoke Bomb has a 22 second cooldown. A Perfect Vorpal does 3% damage bonus with a 30% crit severity. Wererats poison for 0% damage.

Encounters hit hard and Dailies are MASSIVELY OP, but the wait for them is so long, you end up taking ridiculous damage waiting for cooldowns. At-Wills are weak as fuck. I was seeing constant 0s for damage hits.

Visually, it's great, but I wouldn't even call it an alpha. Seriously, it's terrible.